Agrilculture and Horticulture, Marketing System:
ASHA-Odisha believe that agriculture production can be increased if traditional and family agriculture is married with some sort of scientific foundation, crop selection according to the agro-eco zone and application of vital inputs. With some motivation and mobilization cropping intensity can also be increased which will boost up the overall production. We ASHA-Odisha team firmly believe in low economic input for sustainable agriculture. This requires more of social mobilization activities including village meetings, formation of farmers clubs, village development committees, training, exposure visits, demonstrations, input distribution, provision of irrigation facility (some kind of provision to withstand the dry spells), provision of processing and preserving facility etc. In this end we make honest attempt in our adopted villages for
- Adoption of SRI technology.
- Promotion of homestead (kitchen) gardening.
- Promotion of crops requiring less water like vegetables and pulses.
- Plantation of fruit bearing trees
- Construction of Irrigation wells and bore wells etc.
- ASHA-ODISHA supervised the programmes in 22 gram panchayats and 41 villages in Nuapada.
- and Komna blocks of Nuapada district under Kharif crops with the support of ATMA.
Total number of beneficiaries under kharif crops is 741 farmers (469 farmers for Rice, 105 farmers for maize and 167 farmers for pulse crops.
Under Rabi crops cultivation support through the scheme was given to 267 farmers comprising of 9 villages from 3 gram panchayats of Nuapada district.
|Children hv AC||8170||27443||40318||33547||24274||10427|